- Are you also getting tired of removing all the pet hairs that has been stuck all over the furniture, carpets and floor?
- Are you allergic to pets or is someone in your family sensitive to dogs or cats or has huge troubles dealing with pet dander?
- Are you having problems with the smell or odor from your pets and you wish to eliminate as much odor as possible?
Top 3 Best air purifier for pets you should buy for 2016 :
- >> Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology.
- >> GermGuardian AC5350B Elite 4-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier System.
- >> GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA.
If you have responded yes to one of the questions above, then you have arrived on the right page that can help you solve your dilemma. We know that you love your pets very much. This article will not only teach you of the best ways to get rid of odor, pet dander and hair but it will also introduce you to the three best air purifier for pets as well as their benefits for the whole family.
After reading this article, you will be able to enjoy the company of your pets while having a clean environment for your loved ones too. It is also more fun being able to breathe cleaner and fresher air that you and your pets can enjoy without having to worry of air contaminants.
Quick review Some Best Air Purifiers For Pets :
So you have decided to take an action about the air contaminants and start searching. Looking for the best air purifiers for pets can be frustrating and confusing. Some air purifiers available on the market may only pollute the air with harmful levels of ozone. Here are some of the most favorite best air purifiers for pets hair removal used by many.
#1. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode
The Mighty Air Purifier has compacted design and equipped with cutting edge features that can keep your indoor air quality fresh and clean. This air purifier is equipped with a HEPA efficiency rating of 99.97%. In order to effectively remove odors and other pollutants such as pet dander, it has four stages of filtration system.
- There is an air quality indicator included in the Mighty Air Purifier. It has particle sensing technology that will boost your air purifier automatically into high gear when necessary. After 30 minutes of not sensing any contaminants in the room, the air purifier will automatically turn off in order to save energy.
- The machine has 5 settings, with ionizer as an option for each setting. You can choose from low, medium and high. There are also eco setting and auto setting included. If the air quality is already good, it automatically switches to low fan speed. The speed of the fan adjusts as the air quality improves or worsens.
- The product dimensions of Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier are 16.8 x 19.6 x 18.3inches with a weight of 12.3 pounds.
- Mighty Air Purifier is one of the smart technologies. The fan adjusts the airflow automatically once the pollutants are detected in the air. This can provide you a peace of mind that the indoor air quality is monitored all the time. You would not have to worry about the pet dander as well as other contaminants that can enter your home from the outside, such as pollen.
- The spontaneous Air Quality Indicator uses particle sensor technology in monitoring the indoor air quality. It also has air quality indicator which will let you know the air condition inside your home by the changing of colors.
- When there is already a need to change the filter, you would know exactly when because of the filter change indicator. The Coway Filter Chance Indicator will light up which means that it is necessary to replace or change the filter. This can ensure you that there will always be clean air circulating around your home.
- You can expect to change the carbon filters every six months and the HEPA filters annually. If you are able to keep the pre-filter screen as well as charcoal filter clean and washed, the HEPA filter will last much longer than one year.
- Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier has air flow control system, filter change indicator, smart mode or pollution indicator and true HEPA. It also has ionizer and whispers quietly. This air purifier looks modern and amazingly efficient in filtering the air while saving energy. It is an all-around well-made machine. It has a CADR or clean air delivery rate of 246 for dust, 233 for smoke and 240 for pollen.
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty air Purifier is one of our favorites. However, it does not include sound therapy as well as automatic distribution mode.
#2. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier, 390 sq ft
The reduction of the overall particle depends on many factors such as the amount of air processed, the type of contaminant as well as the pollutant introduction rate to the environment. The Honeywell 50250-S Air Purifier was designed for extra-large spaces.
The permanent HEPA Filter can capture airborne particles, even 0.3 microns or larger. This air purifier works great in reducing the amount of dust as well as pet dander and other contaminants. Honeywell 50250-S Air Purifier also features three cleaning settings and a filter light indicator.
The product dimensions of Honeywell 50250-S is 18 x 18 x 19.6 inches with a weight of 21 pounds.
Doctors recommend the use of true HEPA filters which 50250-S Air Purifiers use. The life span of true HEPA filters can extend from three up to five years. The glass fiber HEPA filter can also capture up to 99.97% of contaminants as small as 0.3 microns. With its true HEPA filters, it can eliminate smoke, pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, germs, odors as well as VOCs.
Honeywell 50250-S air purifier is powerful and inexpensive. The carbon activated pre-filter can capture particles such as fur, lint, dust, cigarette smoke and can reduce common household odor as well. It is using a permanent HEPA filter which is easy to maintain. It has 360 air intake and output. It is accessible to replacement parts with a 5-year limited warranty. It is also portable.
The 50250-S True HEPA air purifier has been AHAM Certified for use in rooms up to 390 square feet. Its CADR ratings are 250 for smoke, 250 for dust and 250 for pollen.
This air purifier can be noisy and has higher power consumption unlike the AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier from Coway. The noise is one of the things that has to be considered but do not let it discourage you. The design is also not very modern unlike most of the air purifiers with great designs today.
Room models that are using ionizer technology or electrostatic-precipitator could produce some ozone which can irritate the lungs.
#3. GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System
GermGuardian AC4825 also has true HEPA filtration which filters the allergens from the air. Because true HEPA filters are proven to capture 99.97% or airborne allergens such as pet dander, household dust, plant pollens, mold spores and particles as small as 0.3 microns in size, this air purifier will definitely let you know the improvement in the quality of air in your home.It reduces common household odors from cooking and pets. It can also remove smoke particles and odor with an activated carbon filter.
The product dimensions of GermGuardian AC4825 are 7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches with a weight of 7 pounds only.
One of the pros of this product is that it is using true HEPA filters. It also has the power of UV-C light which kills the bacteria as well as viruses such as streptococcus, E.coli and rhinovirus. UV-C light cleans by permanently damaging the DNA of bacteria and virus so they die. This feature can give you a peace of mind that the germs caught are killed immediately.
This product is equipped with indicator lights that blink automatically when it is necessary to replace the filter as well as the UV-C bulb. You do not have to remember anymore the last time you replaced your filter.
The GermGuardian air purifier is ultra-quiet which allows you to keep it running all night without having troubles in sleeping. This product is CADR rated 100+ and also certified energy efficient. This air purifier also catches the smell of leftovers from pots and pans overnight.
The lowest setting, which is quiet, may get louder than usual which can have some sleeping issues. In this case, the best thing to do is to contact your supplier and have a replacement. Another con to this product is its CADR ratings which are below than the first two products that are mentioned. This product is only ideal for medium size rooms and not recommended to use if you have big rooms.
The Truth Behind Pet Dander
The number of pet owners as well as the people who are suffering from asthma and allergies is increasing. There is no need to question why most of us are experiencing troubles with breathing, watery eyes, itchiness as well as sneezing when having our pets indoors. Do you know what’s causing these symptoms?
Most of the people think that their allergies flare up when they unintentionally breathe pet hair, but that’s not true. What’s causing these symptoms is the microscopic pet dander which your pet sheds. Pet dander has tiny flecks of skin that are being shed along with the pet’s hair, feathers or fur. This comprises all kinds of pets such as dogs, hamsters, cats, guinea pigs, and even birds.
Another thing is, pet dander becomes worse as the pet ages and not many people can notice the difference of the increase in allergies as their pets become older. This concludes that pet hair or fur have no allergic reactions. The only problem with it is that it gets stuck on the carpet, floors as well as on the furniture.
Both pet dander and pet hair can be solved with an inexpensive air purifier. If you or someone in your family is allergic to pets, you need to get the best air purifier for pets which feature a true HEPA filter. The main reason why true HEPA filters are recommended is because it is certified to eliminate 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns and that includes pet dander.
If you do not have pet allergies and you just want to remove all the pet hair in your home, you can just simply purchase an air purifier that has HEPA-type filter. A HEPA-type filter can also trap particles as small as 2-4 microns in size which is great enough to capture fur and pet hair. This type of air purifier is best if you only want to have a pet hair-free home.
However, it is still best to get an air purifier with true HEPA filter to eliminate even the pet dander. This can ensure you that the air that you breathe is clean and fresh.
Right Best Air Purifier for Pets That Matches Your Needs
Even the spotless homes and rooms can have dust, pet dander, fumes and pollen. If you are suffering from COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder) or other respiratory diseases, having airborne contaminants at home can make it harder for you to breathe.
There are many things that we try to do at home just to keep the costs of energy down. We replace our doors as well as holey windows in order to avoid the pollutants and other irritants from entering our home. Improving the quality of air inside your home starts with decreasing the amount of pollutants such as pet dander, dust and smoke.
While it is almost impossible to get rid all the contaminants that are present in the air such as pet dander, there are many portable air cleaners available in the market which can reduce asthma as well as the symptoms of allergy. If you also have pets at home, you have the option to choose the most suitable product for you among the best air purifier for pets.
Before you decide for the right air purifier, it is best to try some simple ways to reduce indoor air contaminants such as:
- Prohibit smoking indoors.
- Minimize the use of wood fires as well as candles.
- Always turn on the exhaust fans when cooking in the kitchen.
- Use exhaust fans in bathrooms and laundry areas.
- Do not keep chemicals, pesticides, glues and other solvents in your sleeping quarters and living rooms.
- Maintain heating appliances and make sure to replace the filters frequently.
- Use air conditioning unit if you cannot open your windows due to pollen and other contaminants from outdoors.
- For homes with pets, it is best to groom your pets regularly. Keep your pets clean as much as possible.
There are also things that you need to consider before purchasing an air purifier.
- Coverage Area – Make sure that the square footage listed for the air purifier is the same or greater than the square footage of the room where you need to use it.
- Air Changes Per Hour – This is known as ACH rating.
- Filter Replacements – If purchasing HEPA air purifier, do not forget to check how much replacement filters will cost you.
- Operating Costs – There are portable models that have annual operating costs for filter replacement as well as electricity. The filter prices may range from $10 each up to $100. Depending on how they are used, the replacement for filters is usually every three months. In order to cut the costs, it is recommended to purchase models that are Energy Star qualified.
- Quietness – Another thing that you need to consider is the noise level of the model. You need to consider if you will run the air purifier in your sleeping quarters or in your work place.
- Warranty – Do not forget to consider what the warranty covers.
- Extra Features – For instance, a filter chance indicator lights lets you know when to change the filter.
Read The Label
Air purifiers are tested and also rated by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers or AHAM. They allocate a number from 0 to 450 which known as the CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) air. The label also shows the corresponding size of the room in square feet.
When looking for an air purifier, you need to compare these numbers by checking for the AHAM seal, which the association necessitates all manufacturers to display on packages. It is recommended to purchase a product which has more square-footage capacity that you need in order to run the machine effectively on low settings.
Air Purifier Features for Rooms
If you are searching for air purifiers for rooms, here are some features that you are looking for:
- Fan – most air purifiers are using fan in sucking air for filtration. Air purifiers without fans may work poorer than units with fans.
- Timer – This feature allows you to set your unit to run for a selected number of hours or the unit turns off automatically.
- Number of Settings – This allows you to adjust your air-cleaning requirements. You can lower the setting during bed time or when you need a quiet environment. You can also make it higher during spring.
- Handle – This allows you to move your air purifier from room to another.
- Ionizer – if an best air purifier for pets odor has an ionizer, it attracts the particles. It is also significant that it would not produce ozone which can irritate the lungs.
- Dirt sensor – This feature automatically adjusts the settings of the unit to lower or higher.
- Reusable pre-filter – This can help you decrease the overall costs.
- Light or service indicator – This feature lets you know if there is a need to replace or clean the filters.
Using an air purifier can filter the contaminants such as dust, pollen, pet dander and smoke from cigarettes, fireplaces and candles. Air purifiers can help people that are suffering from allergy by removing the allergens whether that is in office or at home. The benefits of having air purifiers include: breathing less polluted air, keeping allergens at bay, sleeping more comfortably and living healthier without more medications.
You can keep your family safe from allergens, toxic, contaminated indoor air and dust by using an air purifier. A simple device can do an amazing job of filtering your home’s air. When purchasing the best air purifier, make sure that you compare and study all features as well as the warranties of each. Make sure that you will get a model that is not too drafty or noisy while doing its task. Check for the replacement filter prices as well as life expectancy.
Whichever model or type of best air purifier for smoke you buy, if you select a quality product and maintain it regularly, you will definitely notice a great improvement in the quality of your indoor air.