Why Should You Get an Air Purifier for Pets
We all know that our cute little friends shed not only pet hair but also pet dander. They can sometimes hop on the couch or run around the living room. You have probably noticed that there are lots of pet hair and skin on the floor and furniture which requires you to clean almost three times a day if necessary. However, if you work full time plus household chores and other tasks, there is just no time to clean the house twice or thrice.
Yes, a vacuum cleaner can be your best friend to remove all pet hair on the floor. You must have been vacuuming every morning or every night just to prevent too much pet hair on the floor. However, pet hair still lingers in the air and they are unstoppable. There are also unseen particles called pet dander which often causes allergic symptoms.
Pet Dander Causes Allergic Symptoms
There was a common misconception about pet hair triggering allergic symptoms. The truth it, pet dander is the main culprit. It’s just that pet hair is much more visible since they are bigger while pet dander is very small. Your pet as well as other mammals produce pet dander and causes allergic symptoms.
Pet dander is microscopic flecks of skin that are shed by dogs, cats, birds and other animals that have fur or feathers. Most people have no reaction when inhaling pet dander but some people can have allergic reaction. If you are allergic to pets or someone in your family is, breathing can be difficult or it can trigger the allergies. What’s worse is it can possibly make the lungs even worse.
Pet dander can stay in your indoor air for a long time. Because of its small size, it can easily rest on your furniture and appliances. Your bed and clothes can also be full of it.
Aside from pet dander, saliva, feces and urine from dogs, cats and others also cause allergic reactions. For instance, when the saliva of your pet dries on the fur, it will flake off and become airborne that can be inhaled. Dried feces of your pets can also become airborne which can be inhaled and cause allergic reactions.
Eliminate Pet Dander with Air Purifier for Pets
Your pets are already part of your family and we understand how much you love them. If you have decided to let your dogs or cats inside the house even though they leave too much pet hair to handle or pet dander that can cause allergies, an best air purifier for pets can do the trick!
If you or one of your family members is sensitive to pet dander or other allergens and you do not want to give your pet away, the best thing to do is to get an air purifier. Still, make sure that you do not allow your pets in your sleeping quarters. Air purifier for pets offer more benefits than just simply removing pet allergens.
Other Benefits of Having Air Purifier for Pets
Aside from eliminating pet dander and pet hair, here are some benefits of having an air purifier at home:
- The air that you breathe indoors will be cleaner and fresher. This means that your lungs can stay healthier as there are fewer irritants present in the house. Clean air can also reduce possible diseases that are linked to bad air quality.
- You can eliminate odors such as lingering smell from the kitchen, storage, pet odor and others.
- Air purifier can reduce the amount of gases and smoke – but that does not mean that you can allow anyone to smoke inside your house. It is best if smoking is done outside.
- The amount of dust can be reduced as well as mold spores, pollen and other allergens.
- You can have more time for resting as air purifier can do half of the cleaning task for you. It can filter the air which means less dust or air contaminants are present in the air.
- Air purifier can keep you and your family healthier!
Tip: When looking for an air purifier for pets, make sure to get one with HEPA filters. HEPA means High-Efficiency Particulate Air. This means that it can filter small particles such as pet dander!