Do You Need to Purchase an Best Air Purifier for smoke?
To improve indoor air quality of homes and offices, many people purchase an best air purifier for smoke or air filter. These devices clean the air and eliminate dust, pollen, smoke and other contaminants present in the air. There are cases that air purifiers could be bad for your health. This is the reason why one needs to do a lot of research about the desired air purifier before buying it. What are the things that you need to search about when buying an air purifier?
The most important step before getting an expensive and energy-consuming air purifier is to make improvements inside your home or office. You can try to improve the air quality on your own by opening the windows from time to time. Banning smoking indoors is also a great way to improve the quality of air. Always clean or vacuum as well.
The best way to clear the contaminants present in the air is to clean regularly. Changing carpets and grooming your pet are also important in order to keep the place clean and healthy.
Plants that Purify Air
You can also get plants and place those inside your home or office. Some of the plants that are great in purifying the air are:
- Bamboo Palm – It eliminates benzene, xylene, choloform, formaldehyde and more.
- Dracaena – It eliminates trichloroethylene, formaldehyde, toluene, benzene and xylene.
- Florist’s Chrysanthemum – it eliminates ammonia, xylene, benzene and formaldehyde.
- English Ivy – It eliminates carbon monoxide, benzene, trichloroethylene, formaldehyde and more.
- Areca Palm – it eliminates trichloroethylene, carbon monoxide, benzene, xylene and more.
- Rubber Plant – It eliminates carbon monoxide, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde.
- Chinese Evergreen – It eliminates benzene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and trichloroethylene.
- Golden Pothos – It eliminates toluene, carbon monoxide, benzene, xylene and formaldehyde.
- Peace Lily – It eliminates benzene, xylene, ammonia, formaldehyde and tricholoroethylene.
There are many plants that can eliminate more contaminants in the air. However, if you are determined to spend for an appliance that can do a little addition to your electric bills, you need to know first what the common pollutants are present in the air that you breathe. There are many types of air purifier. For example, an air purifier that you purchased is great for eliminating dusts but not molds. Air purifier is great especially if there is a smoker in your house.
Types of Air Purifiers
These types will give you an idea of which purifier you need to buy for your home or office.
- Air filters – This type of air purifier captures small particles like pet dander and dust. Filters should be cleaned periodically. HEPA (Highly Efficient Particulate Air) filters and other air filters like HEPA filters fall into this type.
- UV filters – This type can eliminate and destroy biological impurities such as bacteria and molds. It has built in ultra violet light and should be used with a filter-type device in order to eliminate particulates as well.
- Electrostatic air cleaners – This type uses an electrically charged panel to capture the particulates. Ionizer or ion generating air cleaner attaches an electrically-charged ion particle to dusts and other contaminants which make the contaminants heavier and fall to the ground.
- Ozone generators–this type uses UV light or electrical discharge in creating ozone (O3), which is a gas that can cause serious illnesses and other health problems. It can lead to permanent damages in lungs. EPA is not recommending these types of air purifiers. This is dangerous to health.
- Gas-phase air filters – this type of air purifier eliminates odors and gases but may not remove all gases such as carbon monoxide. These usually have short lifespan.
Air purifiers do not have the same fan speeds. Some information from the product descriptions can only be effective when used at the highest settings which are the most energy consuming setting. Filters also need to be replaced and that can also be expensive.
It is better to get filters that can be washed. It is also considered to get whole-house air purifier system if there is a serious need for it in improving the air quality indoors. If you will buy an air purifier, look for one with energy star-certified in order to save electricity.